Selecting the Best Web Hosting Provider
is the means of supplying space and band-with on a high-powered computer server that is connected to the Internet at various high-speeds. Hosting companies have a wide-range of networks of high-powered web server computers in a physical location commonly referred to as a data center.
Choosing a web hosting provider may be difficult for some as there exists a wide selection to choose from. It is vital to find a plan that correlates with the needs of setting-up a strong hosting company, therefore it is important to be able to differentiate between the kinds of web hosting out there (ultimately choosing the right one for you):
Dedicated hosting instructs a specific web server to be utilized by a sole customer. When one single web server is registered to a single customer by the web hosting provider then it is dedicated web hosting. This brand of hosting makes it possible for customers to have total or almost total access and control to a server of their own use.
Some advantages of dedicated hosting include:
- Performance level, which is the top perk since no other websites server traffic congestion on other people’s websites have an impact on your own.
- Security, you are the only person with sole access to the web server.
- E-mail cleanliness, spam mail can’t be sent from your server.
And lastly control, you are in total control of your website.
Virtual Private Machine (VPs) is a virtual server that resembles a dedicated server, but is in fact installed on a computer that serves a number of websites. One computer can have a multitude of VPs, each with its own operating system (OS) that runs the hosting software for a certain user. VPs hosting is designed for small to mid-sized businesses that need affordable comprehensive server configuration options.
Some advantages of VPs include:
- Privacy, as long as you don’t share your OS, no other websites can access your server.
- Control, if you’re upgrading server applications that call for a system restart you can do it whenever you like without affecting other VPs servers.
- Dedicated resources, VPs servers have specified amounts of RAM available to them at any time.
Shared hosting, just as the name implies, shared hosting is when numerous websites share the space on the same web server(s). Share hosting is usually suited for personal sites, small businesses, and occasionally medium-sized businesses. It doesn’t offer the same RAM capacity usage as VPs might, or total control dedicated hosting offers, but it does offer its own set of advantages.
The number one advantage of share hosting is that is much less expensive. Another advantage is its simplicity. You can ‘outsource’ your website without the need for a technical staff to handle matters for you. It also allows your website access to high-speed internet for a fairly low price.
Evaluating and perhaps testing each individual method will help give you a better understanding on which hosting service allows your website to operate at its fullest, highest capacity.